Guidelines for Photographing Your Room
Our engineering department came up with some helpful hints to keep in mind while photographing your room.
- Include floor and ceiling in each shot
- Use vertical format if necessary
- Step back same number of steps from each shot, so all photos are same size
For the normal squarish room
- Stand in the middle of the opposite wall
- Take 3 shots of each wall, overlap each photo
- Minimum 12 shots
- Diagram the shots on a floor plan sketch
- Label each photo A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, B3, etc.
- Addition photos to document out of frame detail such as vaulted ceiling, equipment or floor molding, any additional info you feel we should know about.
For longer walled rooms
- Do corner and center shot
- Step over and do overlapping second center shot
- Continue down the wall with center filled shots till the other corner is approached
- Then do the two end shots
Send photos, plus any room drawings or layouts, to ASC in digital format using the following email address: email@example.com.